Alean Yec

I have a claim that's not being honored I would like to speak to a manager

My 2014 GMC Sierra engine light came on when I was on interstate 10 and Louisiana a dangerous interstate to stop on. I use my common sense and I took the truck over to the repair shop. There are not honor in my contract because I didnt stop on the interstate, call a tow truck put my life in danger either if I get hit by another vehicle or getting robbed, and theyre not honoring the agreement.

Preferred solution: Apology

Matthew R Sgd

Don't BUY THIS INSURANCE

Bought car insurance on two of my cars, one car's engine light came on was told by Car shield to take it to the shop and my deductible would only be 100.00. so got the mechanic to call Car shield after he used the diagnostic computer analysis to find out what was wrong with the car!

He was told none of the problems my car had were covered under my car insurance and I would have to pay them out of my own pocket. including the diagnostic analysis which was 130.00 my problem is they advertise that only 100.00 deductible BUT that's only if they approve the claim, which is not mentioned in their advertisements on T.V. or by the salesman, but you can not find out want is wrong with your car if you do not have the diagnostic analysis1. So it's a catch 22!

so taking your car in is a *** because you do not know what the result will be and then your stuck with the bill! car shield's claims dept was so slow, I waited 45 minutes on hold finally a recording came on and said if you would like us to call you back please leave your phone number and someone will get back to you in 15-20 minutes, 45 minutes later I called back got customer service who informed me that maybe it was a pre exzisting condition and it wasn't covered? another told me maybe they got the two cars mixed up?.

My mechanic then called me and said he had been on the phone trying to get through to the claims dept for hours! no one from claims ever called me back, I finally canceled my insurance on both cars and will be getting my money back, paying 200.00 a month for insurance on your cars incase they break down and then getting stuck with an 800.00 bill and they won't even cover the diagnostics to find out want is wrong with your car a very bad insurance policy and company!.

t

Loss:
Cons:
  • Customer service and claims dept
Reason of review:
Not as described/ advertised

Preferred solution: just letting people know not to buy this insurance

Guest

thank you for helping me move on to another company...

Phi Vaj
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2172794

Fair warning, ALL these companies operate pretty much the same. Cars today are very reliable.

Put your money in the bank and use it for maintenance & real repairs, not for insurance that you'll most likely end up having to pay for the repairs yourself anyway. People typically buy insurance for a piece of mind, but when it comes to car repair policies, you're buying empty promises. Nearly everything with a vehicle can be attributed to "normal wear & tear", "pre-existing condition", "neglect or abuse". Remember, maintenance is not included in the coverage.

Send the check to a charity, they'll pay as much towards your car repairs as these "polices" will. Car repair shops are NOT required to deal with Car Shield or any of these companies (most smaller shops will tell you to deal with them, AFTER you pay them first). Why create those headaches for yourself?

You'll always pay a lot more in premiums than you'll ever get out of them. But it's your money.

Guest

Why is carshild commercials on California t v??? It says Not a!valible in California so take that annoying commercial off!!

Phi Vaj
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2157534

California probably kicked them out. Consider yourself lucky.

Celita Ycy

Paid actors are what you're seeing on their advertisements. What you read in these comments is the reality of what occurs when claims are presented, no actors.

Attorneys write these contracts including the fine print. Cars today have a high rate of dependability and infrequent break downs. If you feel a need to buy a service contract, go to a franchised dealer for your brand. That way you at least have a physical address (brick and mortar) place of business should you have a problem.

Service contract companies like, Car Shield, have been around a long time the pioneers and subsequent companies are no longer in business for good reason. Now, like a transformer they reinvent themselves into what we have here. In time, Car Shield will be gone, like their predecessors leaving a trail of unhappy customers and their class action lawsuits.

Do not fall into that category. Do not waste your time or money in what your being sold.

Guest

There is a BBB alert on this company, citing a pattern of failing to provide customer service or make repairs. BBB urges consumers to use caution if they decide to do business with CarShield. They have an F rating and thousands of complaints.

Guest

Well just look at the chimp in the comercials that says it all

Guest

I called them to get information about their service because of a radio ad I heard. I had to tell the salesman twice that I was simply calling for a free quote as advertised as he was very eager to get me to sign up with a credit card.

I then told him again I was simply asking for a quote as a favor for another person.

In the end I felt something wasn't right and hung up. I did a consumer review by finding this thread and am glad I went with my gut feeling.

Jacquelynn Mzu

These types of auto repair insurance companies have been around for a long time. They are not "warranties" Only authorized dealers, through the manufacturer offer factory coverage for either new, pre-owned or certified vehicles.

Companies like Car Shield are for profit corporations. Their goal is to sell as many policies as they can and in many cases adjust claims by referring to the fine print in a convoluted policy description. be aware of what you are purchasing and understand that attorneys have written these policies. My thought is if you're going to buy protection do it through a dealer that sells your brand name.

Not all cars will qualify. That way you have a brick-and-mortar place of business (an actual physical building) that services your type of vehicle for a face-to-face conversation should you have an issue you would stand a better chance of resolution should you have an issue.

reply icon Replying to comment of Jacquelynn Mzu

Agree 100%

View more comments (132)
Robert W Rrw

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Failed to honor warranty as stated!

CarShield - Failed to honor warranty as stated!
My 2013 Cadillac Escalade piston gasket blew and you could hear it and the mechanic wanted to make sure and also did a compression test to confirm it. CarShield told him he need to take the engine apart so a rep could come out to see it. The mechanic stated it would cost more to do that than to just replace it. I ended up having to pay for it myself. Company is no good and a lot of mechanic in my area and will not take CarShield.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Initial perception of warranty is false

User's recommendation: Don't buy CarShield

Leonard P Dnn

Verified Reviewer

Their advertising misrepresents their service

CarShield - Their advertising misrepresents their service
The commercial and advertising are all false. We have been with CarShield for 5+ years, making our payments on time and keeping our car regularly maintained at the dealership. We had a problem with the throttle body a couple of years ago and we were denied the claim because in the fine print, throttle bodies aren't covered. This past month, when we took the car in for service they said that the car was burning oil and needed to do a teardown to figure out the problem. We reported this to CarShield, they approved the teardown and authorized us to get a rental vehicle. The dealership did the teardown and realized that a new engine would be needed, but had to wait three weeks to get an inspection from CarShield. They finally came and did the inspection and sent my wife a text saying that the repairs are approved. Great! Until the following day when they called to say that the repairs were not approved AND since they weren't, we had to pay for the rental car...after a 3 week delay on their part! Basically, in our experience, every word in their commercials and ads and on the website are untrue. We paid over $5,000 in premiums for absolutely nothing but disappointment in return. We have canceled this bogus service and recommend that everyone else do the same. No matter the issue with your car, they have some unseen little loophole to get out of paying for it like they say. This is not an extended warranty, this is a scam. The only response they had to our questions is "you didn't read the fine print." If we saw everything in the fine print, we never would have paid a nickel to this company, because nothing is covered.Do not get an extended warranty through them
Loss:
Pros:
  • False sense of security
Cons:
  • False sense of security and they do not follow through

| map-marker Muskogee, Oklahoma

Parts not covered that need repaired, cancel my acct

My truck has an oil leak from the oil pan. It would cost over $800 to fix it and it is not covered by CarShield.

| map-marker Muskogee, Oklahoma

Service needed not provided by company

Im upset. I paid every month but dont get nothing back. This happened to me before but I continue to pay my premium. My oil pan leak is not covered

| map-marker Muskogee, Oklahoma

Claim isn’t covered by carshield

Talked with representative need to get diagnostics done on truck. Claim isnt covered by car shield. I want to cancel my contract as Im paying in and getting nothing back from my paid services
Dan F Rgp

Problem not covered

I'm very disappointed that the issue with my car is not covered; catalytic converter. So, my out-of-pocket cost will be $2000.00. NOT FAIR AT ALL. The reason I was given for it not being covered is that the item costs too much. I'm going to have to rethink staying with this policy.

User's recommendation: Look before you leap

map-marker Minneapolis, Minnesota

To cancel

I only needed to cancel because we bought a brand new vehicle, and no longer needed your service! I do not think that the rep. understood me at all! I am not a pissed customer! We were happy with your service! We just don't need it for a few years! We will let you know when we do! Thank you, Jacqueline Koupal
map-marker Sacramento, California

New payment method

There was never an issue I dont know how I got to this site. I am very pleased with Car Shield. I just was trying to change my method of payment. So I dont know why I ended up at the pissed off app. Thanks

User's recommendation: Car Shieldis a great company! We are very happy with it.

Jun Vsv
map-marker Baltimore, Maryland

To warm fellow consumers.

CarShield has very deceptive advertising and business practices. Their policies are filled with loopholes for non payment. Buyer beware.

User's recommendation: Don't buy what they selling.

Riketa M

Verified Buyer

Carshield is a Rip Off

Carshield is a Rip Off
I purchased them to cover my vehicle but they left my car at a repair shop for 2 weeks while they sent to different adjusters with No communication from them. They argued with the mechanics, asked me for additional information and I gave them everything they asked for. My transmission needed repaired but they denied my claim for lack of service at 120k miles. Even when I gave them a service record when my vehicle was serviced at 123k miles with no repairs needed. They find reasons to deny your claim and take so long to process your claim without a rental. You have to pay for the repairs yourself so it's no need to have them as your warranty.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Are scammers and they false advertise

User's recommendation: Absolutely Do Not use Carshield

Jassodra L

Car Shield A Rip Off

Last October I took my Car in which I was told I had a bad seal in my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Car Shield refused to pay for my $5000 repair for a Transfer case. The seal had a leak which sucked the fluid back into the transmission and Car shield told my repair shop it was my fault. After being a Loyal member for over 3 years, and then back and forth with 2 repair shops telling Car Shield my problem, which they refused to take heed to my situation, I will not recommend this company to anyone.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Rip off
Cons:
  • Rip iff

Insurance Expert Talks

Exposed: Types of Insurance Scams and Fails

Mar 7, 2021

In this video interview, Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney, explains what sort of insurance fraud happens with consumers. Find out more about insurance fraud, the worst cases discovered, and how to protect yourself from insurance scam.

Read full article
Charles
Charles

Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney and managing partner with Gallagher & Associates. His practice focuses on insurance litigation, foreclosure defense and consumer law.

Vickie J Fif

Verified Reviewer

Need to ask question about filing a claim

I just want info to take my car to see about an oil leak. I'm considering Stan Mcnabb Chevrolet to get a quote and see what's wrong.

Preferred solution: Live rep

User's recommendation: Just need to talk to a live rep

Craig M Hrg

Verified Reviewer

Refund on my canceled policies

I called in on 5th of January to cancel my account but they didn't take my card of auto pay.so I need refund on the amount of 119.99 .before Friday. Thank you.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Ha e good service
Cons:
  • People are rude

map-marker Oakland, Maryland

Claim dispute.

Filed 2 claims with Car Shield & they denied both of them. They are not what their commercials say they are. Also, they prorated the money I paid to their advantage. Shorted me in a very unfair way!! They should be investigated!!!0

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article